Concrete Pump Will Get Your Business Moving
Concrete pumps can reap huge benefits for the contractors at the construction site. Through the usage of concrete pumps, some of the major advantages that can positively impact your project’s bottom line include labour and time savings, improved scheduling, reduced site preparedness, employee satisfaction, enhanced quality control and concrete placing versatility, all leading to increased profits, customer satisfaction and greater opportunity for more projects.
We discuss in detail the benefits offered by concrete pumps and how they can get your business moving towards success and positivity.
1. Saves times, money and labour cost: With less labour, concrete pump can place concrete faster and more accurately as compared to any other method. Typically, in the ordinary concrete transfer process, a lot of labour and time is involved, however, through concrete pumps, work becomes much easier as less handling is required since concrete can be placed directly at the desired location. It is seen that a job that would take 5 men and 2.5 hours to pour would only take 3 men and 1 hour through concrete pumps. In fact, concrete pumps can result in saving of labour cost by 50 per cent. Thus, the valuable personnel can be relocated to other tasks easily. Further, pumped concrete is easier to handle because the flow of concrete is directed to the exact spot of placement. Thus, concrete pumps can save a lot of manpower, time, energy and over-head costs.
2. Keeps job moving at a fast pace:
a. Concrete pumps can efficiently place concrete, regardless of weather, time of day or jobsite conditions.
b. Concrete pumps can increase the daily production considerably as the concrete is placed more efficiently and the unloading time is reduced significantly. Further, by providing more predictable unloading times, they can help the mixer dispatchers.
c. Paving way for no interruptions and delays, concrete pumps can promise steady flow and thereby increase productivity.
d. Site preparation for a typical pour can be time-consuming, labour intensive and unpredictable, thereby, hampering efficient scheduling. Concrete pumps reduce the need for site preparedness.
3. Helps to take on more jobs: Using a concrete pump, more ready mix trucks can be discharged in less time, resulting in completion of more jobs in a day.
4. Improves the concrete quality drastically: With the concrete being poured directly, there is no need for re-handling or for special mixes for improved quality and this keeps the concrete within specifications. Concrete pumps also eliminate the need for excess water. Using less water while making the concrete mixture, concrete pumps improve the quality of concrete mixing. Less water results in the material not suffering from various deformities including cracks and shrinks and this maintains its strength when the concrete is placed. Thus, concrete pumps can be used for creating high quality and long lasting projects with minimum maintenance required after completion. Generally, concrete pumps result in more stable end-product, which ensures project safety in the long run.
5. Makes laying of concrete at inaccessible sites easy: Using concrete pump is more convenient than the old mix and pour methods as the boom arms can actually reach over the top of structures to place the concrete in locations where other types of equipment can’t reach. Thus, concrete pumps ensure that the concrete is placed easily at inaccessible sites. So, whether you want to pour concrete on top of a high rise building or in a foundation slab, concrete pumps can deliver concrete mix to almost any area without leaving spills and lumps on the way.
6. Results in accuracy and precision while laying concrete: Concrete pumps lead to proper mixing of the concrete batch, thereby, leading to elimination of any waste. For complex locations like high-rise buildings or insulated concrete form walls, concrete pumps can increase pouring accuracy, thereby, resulting in little or zero material wastage.
7. Makes back-filling job easy: Concrete pumps can reduce excavating time from 10-15 per cent and make back-filling easier.
8. Enhances employee productivity and safety: Concrete pumps highly improve on-the-job safety as the ready mix trucks are kept at the curb, away from embankments, excavation and other dangerous obstructions. Also, they reduce congestion on the job site.
9. Increases speed and eliminate any project delays: By increasing the speed of work at any construction project, concrete pumps makes concrete pouring simple and fast as against the smaller equipment that have to be moved around to different spots to finish off one pour and this consumes a lot of time and hampers the speed of the project. In fact, concrete pumps easily transfer concrete vertically and horizontally, thereby, ensuring that less time is wasted in construction sites and the project costs reduce considerably.
10. Increases revenue and profit: Usage of concrete pumps also results in savings in equipment and cycle times, thereby, leading to increased productivity. The increased revenue thus earned can be reinvested in the business for buying more equipment and employing more labour as needed.
11. Complete projects in most adverse of terrains: Concrete pumps provide for easy and fast work commencement and conclusion even in the most adverse of terrains and regions. So, this makes it easy for the contractors to bid for any project regardless of the regional complications and terrain adversities that are associated with it.
12. Not impacted by weather conditions: Unlike the manual method employing labour force who are hugely impacted by the weather conditions, with concrete pumps, concrete placing is not at all affected by weather conditions. Concrete pumps allow a contractor to place floor slabs on upper floors before completing the concrete work on lower floors. This provides protection from weather when working on lower floors.
In a nutshell
So, whether you have a short-term or a long-term job, concrete pumps can come very handy to get the job done quickly, safely and with precision. Be it Boom or Truck-mounted Pumps and Trailer, Line or Stationary Pumps, concrete pumps can provide maximum productivity and increase your profits drastically and daily.